Kristan Hawkins speaks at the Turning Point USA event on Wednesday evening in the OHara Student Center.
By Emma Hannan and Kyra McCague April 19, 2024

Pitt announces addition of Milligan to 2015-2016 roster

Jon+Vashey%2FKC
Kilgore College
Jon Vashey/KC

The Pitt men’s basketball team picked up a last-minute addition to its 2016 class on Tuesday, as it officially announced the signing of former Kilgore College point guard Jonathan Milligan.

Milligan, a 6-foot-2, 170-pound point guard, averaged 14.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last year and was named a first-team, all-region and Region XIV All-Conference player.

Panthers’ head coach Jamie Dixon said he is thrilled to bring in a player of Milligan’s caliber so late in the offseason.

“He has the ability to score from a variety of spots on the floor and break down defenses by getting into the lane,” Dixon said in a release. “He also has the quickness and instincts to be an outstanding defender in our program.”

Milligan garnered interest during the vetting process this offseason from Tennessee, Creighton, Marquette and North Carolina State. He was at one point committed and signed to Florida Gulf Coast University, but he never joined the team after failing to meet NCAA transfer requirements, according to an Aug. 19 press release from FGCU.

Milligan bolsters the shallow point guard depth of the Panthers, as junior Josh Newkirk transferred to Indiana. Milligan is eligible to play immediately.