A member of Pitts swimming and diving team goes up for air while swimming during a meet against Army in Trees Hall on Sept 22, 2023.
Pitt swim and dive competes on national stage this week
By Aidan Kasner, Senior Staff Writer • 12:27 pm

Jay Williams to host Pitt’s #ZooAfterHours

KRT
Jay Williams will host Pitt’s Midnight Madness event #ZooAfterHours | TNS

Pitt’s men’s and women’s basketball teams’ first official outing of the season, Midnight Madness, will host a surprising emcee.

The University announced Tuesday that Jay Williams, ESPN college basketball analyst and former Duke University point guard, will preside over the Oct. 9, Midnight Madness event, dubbed #ZooAfterHours.

Williams is a former two-time National Association of Basketball Coaches’ of the Year and an NCAA champion in 2001. He was selected by the Chicago Bulls second overall in the 2002 NBA Draft.

According to the Univeristy, the event will feature “player introductions, shooting stars challenge and special guest appearances.”

The University said it will release full details about #ZooAfterHours at a later date.

Similar Midnight Madness events will storm courts across the college basketball landscape, marking the first day that the NCAA allows college basketball teams to officially begin practice.

#ZooAfterHours will take place at the Petersen Events Center. Doors open at 10 p.m., and the event will start at 11 p.m. Admission is free.