Opinion | I am media literate and also don’t like ‘Poor Things’
By Delaney Rauscher Adams, Staff Columnist • 1:11 am

Oakland Crime Map Jan. 5 – Jan. 8

From underage drinking to robberies, the Pitt police answer dozens of calls per day. Short of leaving a police scanner on all day, students often wonder why they hear so many sirens. The Pitt News aggregates the police blotter each week on an interactive crime map.
Here is the crime and other Pitt police activity for Jan. 5-8:
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016
8:35 p.m. Sutherland Hall. A male Pitt student reported to police that someone stole his hair dryer. An investigation is pending.

11:12 p.m. Litchfield Tower C. Pitt police responded to a report of a smell of marijuana. Police referred one student for judicial action.
11:17 p.m. Lothrop Hall. Pitt police cited a male Pitt student for marijuana possession and disorderly conduct.
Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016
1:19 p.m. Shadyside Hospital. Police arrested a man from Allentown, Pennsylvania, for possession of a narcotic with intent to deliver, possession of a small amount of marijuana and disorderly conduct.
4:59 p.m. Litchfield Towers Lobby. A Pitt student reported to police that they had been verbally harassed. An investigation is pending.
7:05 p.m. Mazeroski Field. Police responded to a call for the smell of marijuana and referred two Pitt students for judicial action.
Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016
12:07 a.m. North Bellefield Avenue. Police issued a summons to arrest a Hill District man for stealing a bicycle and corrupting a minor.
3:41 a.m. UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. Police cited a Pittsburgh man for trespassing.
4:14 p.m. Litchfield Tower Lobby. A Pitt student reported a theft to police. An investigation is pending.
6:19 p.m. UPMC Presbyterian Hospital. An unidentified woman reported to police that someone stole money from her wallet. An investigation is pending.
Friday, Jan. 8, 2016
2:01 a.m. Mark A. Nordenberg Hall. Police cited a male Pitt student for drinking underage.