Kristan Hawkins speaks at the Turning Point USA event on Wednesday evening in the OHara Student Center.
By Emma Hannan and Kyra McCague April 19, 2024

Cincinnati Bengals draft Tyler Boyd

Tyler Boyd celebrates with Pitt students after defeating Notre Dame in 2013. TPN File Photo

Tyler Boyd officially joined the National Football League on Friday after the Cincinnati Bengals carved out a spot on their roster for the Pitt Panther.

Former Bengals wide receiver and four-time Pro Bowler Isaac Curtis announced the 21-year-old wide receiver as the 55th overall pick Friday night.

The Clairton, Pennsylvania native is the first to be selected of the eight Panthers trying to join the NFL this year. Seven of his teammates, including linebacker Nicholas Grigsby, tight end J.P. Holtz and cornerback Lafayette Pitts, are also vying for NFL picks.

The last NFL draftee from Pitt was Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle T.J. Clemmings, selected last year by the Vikings.

During his junior year, Boyd made 91 catches for 926 yards, added 349 rushing yards on 40 carries and was named a first-team All-ACC wide receiver for the second consecutive year. Boyd capped off his three-year collegiate career by setting Pitt records for receptions (254) and receiving yards (3,361).

“Our entire program is incredibly proud of Tyler and [we] wish him the best as he begins his NFL career,” Pitt head football coach Pat Narduzzi said.

This story will be updated.