A speaker addressed protestors at an Earth Day rally in Schenley Plaza on Monday.
‘Reclaim Earth Day’ protest calls for Pitt to divest from fossil fuels
By Kyra McCague, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Pitt-Penn State traffic update

Fans won’t be allowed to walk into the gravel lot to tailgate before the Pitt-Penn State game this weekend. Jeff Ahearn / Senior Staff Photographer.

The Panthers’ showdown against Penn State on Saturday is expected to have a record-breaking number of people in attendance, so here are a few traffic and celebration considerations to keep in mind before kickoff:

Road closures: Liberty Bridge is closed indefinitely due to an electrical fire and Seventh Street Bridge will be closed all day due to the game. Sixth Street Bridge will be closed after noon.

Parking: If you have not purchased or planned parking in advance on the North Shore, it is advised to park Downtown and take the T, for free, from Steel Plaza to Heinz Field. All parking lots around the field are sold out.

Gravel Lot: The PPG Public Parking lot at the corner of Western Avenue and Fulton Street will not be allowing walk-in tailgaters. The price to park in the lot is $60 for Saturday’s game and people are still allowed to bring grills and a few beers. Cars with more than four passengers will be turned away.

Before the game: Pregame activities right outside the stadium will commence at 9 a.m., including the ACC Football Tailgate Tour and Panthers Pregame Tailgate Party. Outdoor festivities will feature live music, food, beverage sales and the arrival of the football team at the stadium for the Panther Prowl.

Fan should arrive early to avoid entering the stadium right before kickoff, and the Pitt Band Pregame Show and team entrances will start at 11:30 a.m.

Kickoff is scheduled for noon and the game will be broadcasted on ESPN.

For more information visit the Port Authority’s website.