Opinion | I graduate in two weeks — a thank you to my best friend
By Nada Abdulaziz, Staff Writer • 12:57 am

Hillary Clinton to visit Heinz Field

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton campaigned at Heinz Field on Friday. Stephen Caruso | Senior Staff Photographer

In her final sprint before voters head to the polls on Tuesday, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will skid through Pittsburgh one last time on Friday.

Clinton will make an appearance at the Great Hall at Heinz Field at 12:45 p.m. Friday afternoon, four days before the presidential election. According to Clinton’s campaign, she will be discussing the stakes of this year’s election, as well as her plan to make the American economy beneficial for everyone.

In Pennsylvania, which has emerged as a key battleground state this year, Clinton holds a 3-point lead over Republican candidate Donald Trump, according to Real Clear Politics.

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at a campaign event over the summer. Stephen Caruso / Senior Staff Photographer.

Clinton’s lead here is less secure after FBI Director James Comey wrote a letter to Congress on Oct. 28, and said the bureau is investigating another set of emails.

Her lead has subsequently dropped nationally from 5.5 points to 2.9 points, according to the data journalism website FiveThirtyEight.

Comey originally concluded the bureau’s initial investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server in July and issued a statement suggesting the Department of Justice not file any charges against Clinton, although he said her actions were “extremely careless.” In the letter released a week ago, however, Comey said the bureau “learned of the existence of [new] emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

Clinton’s visit on Friday will be her fourth trip to Pittsburgh this election season. Two of her past campaign stops were alongside her running mate, Tim Kaine, most recently on Oct. 22, and previously in July. Clinton also made a solo stop at a South Side rally in June.

Trump has also made stops in Pittsburgh this year. In April, Trump campaigned in Oakland at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall before speaking Downtown. Trump later held a rally at the airport in June and, most recently, spoke at the Shale Insight conference in September.

Those interested in attending Clinton’s campaign event Friday can RSVP here.