Meet the editors: visuals

By Visuals editors

In the age of instant social media news and overwhelming amounts of information, we recognize that visuals are likely the first things that draw your interest to a story — and that’s where we come in.

An interesting photo, video or illustration can be a nice mental break, but it can also help immerse you even more in the story. This year, we hope to create even more video content — especially at football games — and continue to present stories visually from new and unexpected perspectives. 

Head Visuals: Sarah Cutshall

I’m Sarah, a junior environmental science major and this year’s visual editor. I started at The Pitt News as a photographer during my first year, but I’ve been interested in photography since middle school. I’m also interested in sustainability and environmental issues.

Assistant Visuals: Thomas Yang

I’m Thomas, a senior microbiology major. I’ve been working at The Pitt News for my entire internment at the University of Pittsburgh and was coerced into becoming a visual editor in the middle of my sophomore year. In my free time I think about graduating, which I won’t be doing this year.

Multimedia/Video: Knox Coulter

I’m Knox, a junior transfer student. I started at TPN my first semester here last fall as a staff photographer, and I’m excited to transition into bringing more video content to the news this year. I first got into visuals with music photography and videography as a first-year at Tufts University and have gotten more and more into creating content ever since.