Meet the editors: our digital directors

By Digital editors

Hello from the digital desk!  Chances are, you’ve never seen our names in print — all of our content lives on the internet. The digital desk includes blogs, online visuals, our social media pages and (in the near future) podcasts. Check us out here at pittnews.com and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. 

Digital Manager: Mary Rose O’Donnell

I’m Mary Rose, a junior English writing and information science major from West Chester. I started writing for The Pitt News last fall for the news desk and was the culture section editor this past summer. Now that the fall semester has begun, I have switched jobs and am now committed to bringing some great digital content to the website and our weekly newsletter. I’m looking forward to working on blogs and podcasts this year, and I hope you all keep an eye on pittnews.com.

Social Media: Sarah Connor

I’m Sarah Connor — yes like “The Terminator,” unfortunately — and I run all of the social media for The Pitt News. That includes writing, planning and scheduling everything on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. I am a senior double majoring in English and communication. I was the culture editor last year, and before that I wrote for both news and culture desks. I am a native to the Pittsburgh area — I grew up about 40 minutes east of the c|City, in Moon Township — and I now reside in Shadyside year-round. This past summer, I was the arts and entertainment intern at Pittsburgh City Paper, where I wrote about music, theater and other elements of the local culture. I spend my free time working at Starbucks, going to concerts and obsessing over my French bulldog. Look for the best GIFs on TPN’s Twitter, and remember they were hand-chosen by me!

Online Visuals: Gennadi Ryan

My name is Gennadi, and I am a sophomore studying computer science and math, originally from San Francisco. I was introduced to the digital desk last spring as a staff graphic artist. Soon after, I found that I enjoyed finding ways to help visually contextualize the numbers and timelines in a story for a reader. I realized I wanted to become more involved with TPN, so when the opportunity arose for me to become editor of the visuals desk this fall, I gladly took it. I look forward to working together with my digital desk colleagues to bring you a great online TPN experience.