Pitt police issue crime alert after aggravated assault

Back to Article
Back to Article

Telmar Palmer was charged Sept. 1 with invasion of privacy and attempted indecent assault.

Thomas Yang | Assistant Visual Editor

Thomas Yang | Assistant Visual Editor

Thomas Yang | Assistant Visual Editor

By Jon Moss, Assistant News Editor

Pitt police issued a crime alert Sunday morning detailing a reported aggravated assault.

Pitt and City police both responded to the incident, which occurred at about 12:20 a.m. on the 400 block of Atwood Street.

According to the alert, witnesses said a male victim was assaulted and kicked in the face by an unknown male. The suspect then fled in an unknown direction, the alert said.

The victim sustained injuries including significant facial trauma, which knocked him unconscious at the scene of the incident.

The alert described the suspect as a white male, at a height of about 5’10”, wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

The police departments are asking that anyone with information regarding the incident call the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Zone 4 at 412-422-6520 and reference CCR #19-197498, or Pitt police at 412-624-2121 and reference report #19-03052.

Pitt students can register for crime alerts, which are separate from the University’s Emergency Notification Service, through the Rave website by selecting “Crime Alerts” under opt-in lists.