Police Blotter Aug. 20-26

By News Editors

The Pitt News collates and publishes the Pitt police’s media crime log on a weekly basis. Read more here.

Thursday, Aug. 20 

3:35 p.m. Pitt police issued a citation for violating a City ordinance (open container) to a University non-affiliate on the 3700 block of Forbes Avenue.

Friday, Aug. 21

3:16 p.m. Pitt police assisted City police with issuing two Pitt students conduct referrals on the 200 block of North Craig Street.

Saturday, Aug. 22

Police recorded nothing in the crime log for Saturday, Aug. 22.

Sunday, Aug. 23

12:29 a.m. Pitt police issued a citation to a student for a drug violation at the Bridge on Forbes.

2:18 a.m. Pitt police reported a criminal mischief that occurred on the 200 block of Oakland Avenue.

4:24 a.m. Pitt police issued a citation for violating a City ordinance (open container) to a University non-affiliate at the intersection of Forbes and Oakland avenues.

5:25 a.m. Pitt police issued a citation to a University non-affiliate for violating a City ordinance (open container) on the 3800 block of Forbes Avenue.

Monday, Aug. 24

8:17 a.m. Pitt police reported a criminal mischief at the Sports Dome.

3:41 p.m. Pitt police issued a citation for violating a City ordinance (open container) to a University non-affiliate on the 200 block of Atwood Street.

9:29 p.m. An individual was given a verbal warning for panhandling on the 200 block of Atwood Street.

Tuesday, Aug. 25

2:41 p.m. Pitt police reported the theft of a bicycle on Lothrop Street.

3:28 p.m. Pitt police issued a citation for violating a City ordinance (open container) to a University non-affiliate at the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Atwood Street.

6:42 p.m. Pitt police issued a citation for violating a City ordinance (panhandling) to a University non-affiliate.

8:44 p.m. Pitt police assisted City police with a domestic that occurred at Cable Place and Semple Street.

10:06 p.m. Pitt police reported a harassment by communication that occurred on the 3700 block of Parkview Avenue.

Wednesday, Aug 26

2:31 a.m. Pitt police issued a warrant for the arrest of a University non-affiliate on Oakland Avenue.