Sponsored: University of Pittsburgh Big Idea Center

The Big Idea Center is excited to begin the spring semester and has a full slate of events open to ALL Pitt students, freshman to postdoc, who are interested in dipping their toes into the world of innovation and entrepreneurship.

Americans have always found ways to innovate in times of crises. We’ve all had more time usual on our hands to think and reflect. Perhaps you are kicking around an idea for a new project, service or nonprofit initiative.

We can help explore the idea and see if it has real-world potential. Or maybe you’re looking to expand your skill set. Not all innovators start their own companies or work at startups. Companies and organizations large and small seek out people who can take a new idea or initiative and make it happen. Their website https://www.bigidea.pitt.edu to learn more and a surface upcoming virtual events. 

February 12-13, 2021 

Join us for a 24-hour idea, pitch and team development competition where you’ll be able to pitch idea, work with entrepreneurs the residence, and win prizes. This competition is experienced-based learning opportunity for Pitt students with “Big Ideas” who enjoy working in diverse teams to bring those ideas to life. It is open to all Pitt undergraduate and graduate students across all schools and departments. Discover how to take your idea to the next level towards startup creations and compete for one of the $100,000 in total prize money.

Join an info session! 

• Tuesday, January 26th, 11 a.m.
  • Thursday February 4th, 6 p.m.
  • Wednesday February 10, 11 a.m.
  • Wednesday, February 15, 6 p.m.

February 5-7, 2021

The Woman in Computer Science (WiCS), School of Computing and Information, and the Big Idea Center are delighted to bring you She Innovates, Pitt’s only all-women hackathon. This hackathon is for all female students -undergraduates and graduates – in the Greater Pittsburgh area with or without a computer science background! Come for a weekend filled with hacking, technical talks, mentorship, and fun.