Editorial: Casual Fridays 9/10

By Staff Editorial

Watch your language

Microsoft and Xbox Live are apologizing to a West… Watch your language

Microsoft and Xbox Live are apologizing to a West Virginia gamer they suspended after he used the name of his hometown in his profile. He lives in Fort Gay, W.Va., a community of about 800 people in Wayne County. Luckily, no one from Intercourse, Pa., owns an Xbox.

Shut up and sit down

A daring restaurant on the North Carolina coast has taken a major step toward fighting everyday annoyances, according to NBC. After posting signs saying “Screaming Children Will Not Be Tolerated!” the owners say business has improved. Perhaps Antoon’s and Sorrento’s have a bit to learn about handling their rowdy customers.

Golf balls of fire

The Associated Press reports that a man golfing in Southern California last week caused a 12-acre fire in a single swing. Trying to extricate a ball from the rough, the man’s club caused a spark that ignited the shrubbery around him and eventually set two nearby hillsides ablaze. Maybe his errors will take the heat off Tiger Woods.

Well, dentists are scary

The children of West Virginia don’t have adequate dental care, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The report says that 43 percent of children have untreated dental decay and that nearly half don’t make regular visits to the dentist. Maybe that explains why West Virginia University students threw their garbage onto the court in last year’s Pitt-WVU game: If they couldn’t chew it …

Skin to rubber

Participating in the Philly Naked Bike Ride, hundreds of bicyclists stripped and rode through Philadelphia this week. According to the Associated Press, bikers wore body paint, bathing suits and even birthday suits. Talk about the “City of Brotherly Love.”

Five dollars at the door

According to AOL News, a federal appeals court upheld the practice of “ladies night” discounts at bars, disappointing self-described “anti-feminist” lawyer Roy Den Hollander. He sued against ladies’ drink specials because he disliked what he called the “transfer of money from the wallets of guys to the pocketbooks of girls.” For Pitt men fed up with girls going to frats for free, you might have earned legal representation.