Pitt Police Blotter

Monday, May 31

2:14 a.m. — An officer found a loading dock door was left open at the… Monday, May 31

2:14 a.m. — An officer found a loading dock door was left open at the Fitzgerald Field House. Officers checked the area and secured the door. The incident was cleared.

6:31 a.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation due to a power outage in the Forbes Hall Pavilion. The incident was cleared.

6:51 a.m. — Police responded to a report of a broken window in a vehicle at Sutherland Hall. The incident was cleared.

9 a.m. — Police found a broken exterior door on the Tennyson Avenue side of Clapp Hall. The area was checked and secured.

4:59 p.m. — Officers stopped and identified individuals who fit description of actors in a robbery. The individuals were identified and released. The incident was cleared.

Tuesday, June 1

9:31 a.m. — Police assisted in an aided case at Bellefield Towers. The patient was transported to the hospital for further evaluation. The incident was cleared.

10:37 a.m. — Police took a report at the Cathedral of Learning of unknown persons that entered through an exterior window, and an investigation is pending.

10:51 a.m. — Police responded to a report of cash and computers stolen from an office area in Thaw Hall. An investigation is pending.

12:53 p.m. — Police responded to a fire alarm that was activated by contractors in Crawford Hall. The incident was cleared.

1:09 p.m. — Police recovered a driver’s license and placed it in recovered property. The incident was cleared.

1:27 p.m. — Police recovered a military ID at the 3400 block of Forbes Avenue and placed it in recovered property. The owner was contacted and the incident was cleared.

2:17 p.m. — Police took a report of stolen dental supplies in Salk Hall. The incident was cleared and an investigation is pending.

4:26 p.m. — Police took a report of an individual being followed on Thackeray Street. The actor was a black man in his 20s with a thin build. Police checked the area with negative results. The incident was cleared.

6:37 p.m. — Medics transported an individual who had a seizure on the Cathedral of Learning lawn to UPMC Presbyterian. The incident was cleared.

Wednesday, June 2

6:08 a.m. — A guard reported that a floor mat was taken from the lobby of the O’Hara Garage. The incident was cleared.

7:23 a.m. — Police took a report of an unauthorized person in the Cathedral of Learning. The individual was taken to a local hospital for further evaluation. The incident was cleared.

9:19 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an elevator entrapment on the 33rd floor of the Cathedral of Learning. The individual was released without incident.

10:50 a.m. — Police responded to a report of an unconscious individual in the Eureka Building. AED was deployed and medics transported the individual to UPMC Presbyterian. The incident was cleared.

3:18 p.m. — Police in the Biomedical Science Tower took a report of an individual receiving harassing text messages. An investigation is pending.

3:59 p.m. — Police took a report of a theft of money from a wallet on the third floor of the Cathedral of Learning. The owner was contacted and an investigation is pending.

5:11 p.m. — Police took a report of a theft of a wallet on the third floor of Salk Hall. An investigation is pending.

5:43 p.m. — Police assisted city police with a follow up investigation at a Louisa Street apartment. An investigation is pending.

7:31 p.m. — Police identified an individual trespassing in Scaife Hall. The individual was identified and charges are pending. The incident was cleared.

8:10 p.m. — Police responded to a fire alarm activation at the Darragh Street Apartments, Building 2. The alarm was activated by cooking, and the incident was cleared.

10:19 p.m. — Police responded to a false fire alarm activation at the Plum Research Facility caused by power failure. The incident was cleared.