Pitt Police Blotter

By -

Wednesday, May 20

8:09 a.m. — An individual reported receiving a suspicious e-mail from an… Wednesday, May 20

8:09 a.m. — An individual reported receiving a suspicious e-mail from an unknown person. An investigation is pending.

12:16 p.m. — Police received a report of an individual down, checked the area and found no one.

1:35 p.m. — Police received a report of a wallet and credit card stolen and used at a local store. An investigation is pending.

2:32 p.m. — Police arrested non-affiliates Nicholas Johnson Tomsho, of 222 Elm St., West Mifflin, Pa. for possession of a small amount of marijuana.

2:32 p.m. — Police cited Nigel Andre Calvimontes, of 554 Foundry St., Pittsburgh, Pa. for disorderly conduct.

Friday, May 22

9:45 a.m. — Campus police assisted city police in the response of a harassment in the parking garage of UPMC Presbyterian Hospital.

11:34 a.m. — Police issued citations to non-affiliate Richard L. Williamson, of 2200 Bentley Drive, for trespassing and disorderly conduct at Salk Hall.

2:29 p.m. — Police found a Pennsylvania driver’s license at Forbes Hall Pavilion.

6:22 p.m. — Police issued citations for disorderly conduct/marijuana to Christian Urrea, of 2504A Wharton St., at the Quality Inn on Boulevard of the Allies.

8:43 p.m. — Campus police assisted city police with a disorderly male at the Frick Fine Arts building.

Saturday, May 23

1:06 a.m. — Police issued citations to non-affiliates Justin Dean Culvahouse, of 119 Derby Drive, Beaver Falls, Pa., and Justin Freed Sedlack, of 108 Burns Ave., Beaver Falls, for open container violations at 354 Semple St.

1:28 a.m. — Police issued a citation to student Andrew W. Perkins, of 4 James Circle, Shippensburg, Pa., for an open container violation in front of 354 Semple St.

2:14 a.m. — Police issued a citation to non-affiliate Michael James Twomey, of 70 Coloney Square, Apt. 9, for disorderly conduct at Sennott Street and Oakland Avenue.

4:32 a.m. — Campus police assisted city police with a disturbance in the 200 block of Atwood Street.

7:01 a.m. — An officer found an individual who had walked away from a local hospital, and returned the individual to the hospital.

9:53 a.m. — Officers observed a broken window in Bouquet Gardens.

12:58 p.m. — Campus police assisted city police with a retail theft at the CVS Pharmacy on Forbes Avenue.

1:54 p.m. — A burglar alarm was activated at Sennott Square. Officers found the exterior door unsecured, but the inner door secured.

3:30 p.m. — Police responded to a burglar intrusion alarm at the Bellefield Professional Building.

8:46 p.m. — Police and city police transported a non-affiliate threatening to jump from the scaffolding at Benedum construction site to a medical facility.

10:53 p.m. — Medics transported an individual at the University Club to a local hospital.

Sunday, May 24

9:46 a.m. — Medics transported an ill individual from Trees Hall to a local hospital for further evaluation.

5:03 p.m. — Police arrested non-affiliate Keith Taylor, of 2923 Spring Way, for drug paraphernalia and an open container in the 300 block of North Craig Street.

5:07 p.m. — Police recovered a backpack on the corner of Fifth and Tennyson avenues.

Monday, May 25

12:05 p.m. — Police issued a citation to non-affiliate Harvey Lankford, of 2132 Elmoro Square, for an open container at Forbes and Meyran avenues.

12:44 p.m. — Medics treated an individual who fell off a bicycle at Fifth and Bellefield avenues.

4:44 p.m. — A window was broken at the Petersen Events Center.

6:51 p.m. — Police issued a citation to non-affiliate Derek Williams, of 707 North Ave., Wilkinsburg, Pa., for disorderly conduct at the law school patio.

7:44 p.m. — Police issued a summons arrest for a small amount of marijuana to non-affiliate Brian Buczkowski, of 3327 Melwood Ave., at McKee Place and Iroquois Way.

10:23 p.m. — Police recovered a wallet in the 4000 block of Forbes Avenue.

10:52 p.m. — Campus police assisted city police at North Dithridge and Bayard streets after someone broke into a vehicle.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2:09 a.m. — Police received a report of a suspicious person at the rear of the Forbes Hall pavilion.

2:29 a.m. — Campus police assisted city police with a motor vehicle accident on Forbes Avenue at Boulevard of the Allies.

The information in this article comes directly from an official log released by the Pitt police. The log does not contain the names of crime victims. The Pitt News does no additional reporting in the police blotter.