Who’s it gonna be?

Provost Patricia Beeson will announce details on filling the position of Dean of Students once they’re available, according to Ken Service.

Kenyon Bonner, who has served as director of student life for the past 11 years and associate dean of students for the past seven, has been named interim vice provost and dean of students. Kathy Humphrey previously held the position before her promotion on Wednesday.

In the meantime, the University has “full confidence in Kenyon Bonner and the staff in Student Affairs to help continue to provide our students with an exceptional collegiate experience,” said Service, vice chancellor of communications. 

The position for dean is open after Humphrey’s appointment to senior vice chancellor for engagement and chief of staff. Prior to this appointment, she had served as vice provost and dean of students for the past nine years. 

Humphrey worked closely with students and student groups and said in a University release that she will miss her day-to-day interactions with them. 

Humphrey’s work in her new position will “concentrate on both internal and external relations, focusing on facilitating business engagement, strategic initiatives and partnerships, government interaction at all levels,” the release said, alongside Chancellor Gallagher and senior managers.

Since the University is still deciding the exact parameters of the search, according to Service, “nothing is definite at this point.”