City Theatre builds some MOMENTUM for ’07

By STEVE KASZYCKI

MOMENTUM 07 City Theatre June 14 through June 17 Tickets $5-$10, free for subscribers… MOMENTUM 07 City Theatre June 14 through June 17 Tickets $5-$10, free for subscribers (412) 431-2489

MOMENTUM 07 will fill the stages of City Theatre from June 14 to 17. The annual festival of plays, presented by City Theatre and Mellon Financial Corporation, will include readings, talkbacks, music and family events.

Events will include a reading of Pulitzer Prize winner Tammy Ryan’s “The Gift of the Pirate Queen,” along with a discussion with the playwright. Additionally, a sampling of songs from the musical “An Infinite Ache,” by GrooveLily members Brendan Milburn and Valerie Vigoda (based on David Schulner’s play), will be performed by Ben Evans and Julie Dingman.

“An Infinite Ache,” by local playwright Tammy Ryan (adapted from Patricia Reilly Giff’s novel), will be performed for the family event portion of MOMENTUM 07. It will be staged on Saturday, June 16, at 5:30 p.m. In addition, playwrights Mat Smart (whose play, “Travels With My Aunt,” starring Giles Havergal, will make its world debut in City Theatre in 2008), Hilly Hicks, Victoria Stuart, and Milburn ‘ Vigoda will be attending.

MOMENTUM 07 will begin June 14 at 6 p.m., with the selection from “An Infinite Wake,” and close with a 7 p.m. reading of “The Tallest Girl in the Class” by Hilly Hicks Jr. on June 17. City Theatre subscribers can attend MOMENTUM 07 free of charge. For non-subscribers, the fee is $5 per event or $10 for a Festival Pass. For more information, visit http://citytheatrecompany.org/. For reservations, call (412) 431-CITY (2489).