Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Tuesday, Jan. 25

8:41 a.m. — Frozen sprinkler heads activated a fire alarm in Litchfield Towers lobby.

7:27 p.m. — A woman in the Cathedral of Learning reported that she lost her cell phone on Jan. 19.

7:55 p.m. — Student Jonathan Weaver, of Bradford, Pa., turned himself in to the warrant office in the municipal courts building for failing to appear in court.

9:47 p.m. — A person who hadtaken ill in the rear of Hemingway’s was transported to the hospital by city medics.

Wednesday, Jan. 26

1:20 a.m. — Officers in the Cathedral of Learning cited nonaffiliate Gregory Shields, of 250 South Highland Ave., for trespassing.

Thursday, Jan. 27

1:27 a.m. — Police cited a driver, confiscated a suspended license and towed a car on Schenley Drive, near the Frick Fine Arts building.

8:42 a.m. — Officers in the William Pitt Union removed an unauthorized person from the building and gave trespass warnings.

9:57 a.m. — A woman in the Music Building parking lot reported that her vehicle was stolen.

11:02 a.m. — A person in the Graduate School of Public Health building complex reported receiving “hang-up” phone calls. An investigation is pending.

1:21 p.m. — A staff member in the biomedical science tower reported a suspicious package. Police examined the package, found it to be harmless, and returned it to the owner.

3:13 p.m. — Residents in Bouquet Gardens, Building H, reported that their wallets had been stolen from their rooms.

8:27 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Glenn Hoffield, of 6 Enfield St., was cited for an open container violation near the intersection of Meyran and Forbes avenues.

8:36 p.m. — A person in Towers lobby reported damage to lockers in the kitchen locker room. The incident was cleared.

11:02 p.m. — Student Matthew Provenzano, of Carlisle, Pa., was cited in Tower B for underage drinking.

Friday, Jan. 28

2:08 a.m. — A staff member in the Cathedral of Learning turned in a bag of clothing found in a room.

3:14 a.m. — An officer reported a fire in the 300 block of Meyran Avenue and assisted the city fire department.

10:56 a.m. — An officer assisted city police in responding to a report of the theft of a Pitt dorm key on Dithridge Street.

11:36 a.m. — Officers assisted city police in responding to a reported incident of domestic violence in the 200 block of Melwood Street.

12:20 p.m. — Residence Life staff reported an incident with a pellet gun in Tower A. An investigation is pending.

4:35 p.m. — Police in Posvar Hall cited nonaffiliate Rashad Moore, of North Versailles, Pa., for defiant trespass.

9:57 p.m. — Officers in Tower A cited students Jean Fitzgibbons, of Auburn, N.Y., and Gabriel Kopley, of State College, Pa., for public intoxication/marijuana. Editor’s note: The charges against Fitzgibbons were later dismissed in court.