This Weekend Rundown 11.13 – 11.16

By The A&E Staff

Thursday, Nov. 13

Shaggy

Mr. Smalls Theatre

400 Lincoln Ave., Millvale

Time: 8 p.m.

Admission: $20

Believe it or not, Shaggy has released four albums in the last four years. The reggae fusion singer hasn’t scored a hit like “Angel” or “It Wasn’t Me” on any of those LPs, but both of those songs still are played in college dorms across the country (“It Wasn’t Me” has almost 25 million plays on Spotify alone). This tour marks his second leg supporting 2013’s Out of Many, One Music.

Friday, Nov. 14 (through 16)

Sci-Fi Spectacular

Heinz Hall

600 Penn Ave., Downtown

Time: 7:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. on Sunday)

Admission: $24.75-$84.75

Facebook superstar George Takei stops by to host the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra’s “Sci-Fi Spectacular” event. Conducted by Jack Everly, the celestial weekend will feature scores from classic sci-fi movies and television, including Takei’s “Star Trek,” “2001: A Space Odyssey,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “E.T.”

Saturday, Nov. 15

Avenue Q

Studio Theater (in the basement of the Cathedral of Learning)

Time: 8 p.m. (2:00 p.m. on Sunday)

Admission: $12-$25

Pitt Theatre Arts continues their Mainstage production of the Tony Award-winning puppet spectacular, “Avenue Q.” The book, which was written by Jeff Whitty, is a satirical coming-of-age tale that sends up the rosy futures promised by “Sesame Street” and other children’s programming. Bria Walker directs the Pitt staging.

Sunday, Nov. 16

Robyn Hitchcock

Club Cafe

56 S. 12th St., South Side

Time: 8 p.m.

Admission: $35 (21+)

The acoustic-folk journeyman makes a rare Pittsburgh appearance this weekend at Club Cafe. Hitchcock tours in support of his latest collection of covers and originals, The Man Upstairs, which featured his takes on Roxy Music, The Doors and The Psychedelic Furs.