Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Wednesday, April 14

-7:01 a.m. — A contractor reported a burglary at 3825.

-7:01 a.m. — A contractor reported a burglary at 3825 University Drive, the new dorm construction site. An investigation is pending.

-7:05 a.m. — A custodian in David Lawrence Hall found a projector. An officer brought the item to the station, where someone from media services picked it up.

-2:53 p.m. — Officers performed the warrant arrest of nonaffiliate Anthony Simpson, of an unknown address, at the Allegheny County jail.

-7:38 p.m. — Officers assisted city police in responding to a reported robbery on the 100 block of Atwood Street.

Thursday, April 15

-2:52 a.m. — Staff members in Posvar Hall reported that the 4P section of the building had been burglarized. An investigation is pending.

-11:48 a.m. — The school principal from Falk School reported damage to the school’s playground equipment.

-3:45 p.m. — A caller in Posvar Hall reported that someone had gained entry into a secured area and used the computer. An investigation is pending.

-3:55 p.m. — Police received a report that items had been taken from a secured room two nights earlier.

-9:01 p.m. — Officers arrested nonaffiliate Tamyka Ramsey, of 825 North Negley Ave., for defiant trespass at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

Friday, April 16

-1:22 a.m. — A non-affiliate was cited for public intoxication on York Way, near Louisa Street.

-9:11 a.m. — Officers in the William Pitt Union cited Steven M. Roberti Jr., of 514 Tower A, for public intoxication.

-12:57 p.m. — Officers in William Pitt Union took custody of pen knives and other items confiscated at metal detector checkpoints by the Secret Service, which was in town for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry’s visit. The items were placed in the property room.

-2:23 p.m. — Someone reported that a Pitt shuttle bus struck a parked car. An officer left a note on the car for the owner.

-3:14 p.m. — A person in Posvar Hall turned in a computer chip. The item was placed in the recovered property room, and the incident was cleared.

-5:16 p.m. — Officers at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic assisted WPIC security responding to a reported simple assault.

-11:06 p.m. — Police received a call about a large fight at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house on upper campus. A supervisor requested medics, and three people were transported to the hospital. An investigation is pending.

Sunday, April 18

-12:39 a.m. — A woman on the 100 block of Atwood Street was taken into a car against her will. She text-messaged a friend while the suspects drove her around campus. The suspects dropped her off unharmed.

-1:46 a.m. — Officers in Sutherland Hall cited Eric Thatcher, of 825 East Sutherland Hall, for disorderly conduct.

-2:09 p.m. — Police assisted a salesperson with a difficult customer at the Stephen Foster Memorial box office.

-4:39 p.m. — An officer noted damage to a Pitt sign on the corner of Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard.

-4:47 p.m. — Officers assisted city police in dealing with an open door at Bellefield Towers.

-7:30 p.m. — Officers in the William Pitt Union assisted in mediating a dispute about delivered food.

Monday, April 19

-12:42 a.m. — The residential director in Brackenridge Hall reported that she found the door to the roof open, with the padlock missing. An officer secured the door, and the incident was cleared.

-2:15 a.m. — Someone in Bruce Hall reported receiving a harassing phone call. An investigation is pending.

-9:50 a.m. — A woman in Sennott Square reported that her office received a package from an unknown person. A sergeant opened the package and found it harmless. The items were returned to the owner.

-12:31 p.m. — Someone in Scaife Hall reported being harassed by an unknown person.

-1:46 p.m. — An officer assisted city police responding to a report of a lost phone at the corner of Dawson and Bouquet streets.

Tuesday, April 20

-11:29 a.m. — Someone in Posvar Hall reported being harassed by a known person.

-2:39 p.m. — Officers in Tower A cited Graham Edward Guthrie, of Lansdale, Pa., for public intoxication and possession of marijuana.

Wednesday, April 21

-6:42 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Hurley L. Jones, of McKeesport, Pa., was cited for public intoxication and possession of marijuana.

Thursday, April 22

-2:26 a.m. — An officer referred two students in Amos Hall to the judicial board for misuse of their Pitt IDs.

-2:54 a.m. — A man in Bouquet Gardens, Building A, reported having his room window broken. The incident was cleared.

-3:13 a.m. — An officer cited a driver on the 200 block of Oakland Avenue for driving with a suspended license.

-6:25 a.m. — Police assisted city police with a reported robbery on the 300 block of Semple Street.

-12:57 p.m. — A person in Langley Hall reported detecting a chemical odor. Health and Safety officials responded and found the harmless source of the odor.

-2:34 p.m. — Officers assisted city police responding to a reported fight on Boundary Street.

-5:20 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Gary Washington, of 2108 Bently Drive, was cited for defiant trespass at Falk School.

-5:58 p.m. — A woman in Tower A reported that some of her belongings were missing.

-8:17 p.m. — Police received a report of a fight in the Tower View Garage. Officers arrived after the disturbance was over and referred both parties to a magistrate.

-8:30 p.m. — Residents in Sutherland Hall threw items, including a University table, from a window onto the rear lawn. The residents were held responsible for making restitution and cleaning up the lawn. The residential director referred the students to the Judicial Board.

Monday, April 26

-2:51 p.m. — Someone at Pitt’s Law School reported damage to an electrical box.

Tuesday, April 27

-9:07 a.m. — Officers requested that a malfunctioning alarm, on the Forbes Avenue University marquee at the Cathedral of Learning, be repaired.

-11:59 a.m. — A sergeant took custody of a weapon from WPIC security. The weapon was placed in custodial property.

-1:17 pm. — Officers assisted city police responding to a reported robbery at DeSoto and O’Hara streets.

-3:48 p.m. — Someone reported receiving a suspicious letter in the mail. The letter, believed to be part of a money scam was placed in evidence.

Saturday, May 1

-12:31 a.m. — An officer broke up a fight on the 3700 block of Forbes Avenue.

-2:30 a.m. — Police on the 3800 block of Forbes Avenue cited nonaffiliate Benjamin Williams, of 120 Cambridge Square, for disorderly conduct.

Sunday, May 2

-3:31 a.m. — Nonaffiliate Michael J. Harvey, of Monroeville, Pa., was cited for scattering rubbish outside Pitt’s Law School.

Monday, May 3, 2004

-6:47 a.m. — An officer was unable to find a crossing sign outside Posvar Hall.