The sky isn’t falling, it’s already landed

By JEFF MURRAYStaff Writer

When Michael Moore and Ralph Nader made an appearance on “Politically Incorrect” earlier this… When Michael Moore and Ralph Nader made an appearance on “Politically Incorrect” earlier this year, they were met with a bitter and abusive Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who assured the studio and home audiences that, although Al Gore lost the election, Democrats in Congress were going to fight vigorously against Republican attempts to undo the progress of the Clinton Era.

With that she turned to Nader and said, “And Ralph, you better stay out of our way.”

Ah, the Clinton Era. A time of unprecedented prosperity brought on by a significant reduction in crime, a skyrocketing stock market and a balanced budget. Everything conservative Republicans could have asked for and more.

Unfortunately the honorable and often deluded Waters failed to mention the price paid for these “accomplishments.”

We now have a prison population of two million inmates, approximately twice the number incarcerated when Bill Clinton took office. An overwhelming majority of the added prisoners have been convicted of drug crimes. They are disproportionately black and Hispanic and almost always from impoverished inner city communities. It is undeniably clear that the first “black” president put minorities first in line