16-May-01

By Pitt News Staff

Friday, April 20

Someone reported at 10:31 a.m. that a student might have been carrying a… Friday, April 20

Someone reported at 10:31 a.m. that a student might have been carrying a weapon in the Law School. Officers located the student and found that he had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. He was advised that it is a violation of University rules to carry a weapon on campus. Judicial board papers will be filed.

Police arrested non-student David A. Clemens of Pittsburgh at 6:20 p.m. outside Cumpie’s Bar and Lounge for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Saturday, April 21

Officers confiscated a knife from someone in the PS lot at 2:52 a.m. The knife was entered as evidence and judicial board papers were filed.

Police arrested student John C. Gartner for defiant trespass, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and public drunkenness in Sutherland Hall at 2:59 a.m.

Sunday, April 22

Police arrested non-student Heather Clinger of Rankin, Pa., for numerous traffic violations and recklessly endangering another person at 1:49 a.m.

An officer reported the smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms in the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house at 2:51 a.m. Steven Telepak, the occupant of the room, was advised to end a party in the room and was issued a citation for disorderly conduct when he did not do so.

Monday, April 23

At 7:08 p.m., officers responded to a report that a juvenile on the ground floor of Hillman Library was looking at pornographic Web sites and engaging in inappropriate behavior.

A complainant reported that an employee stole chicken from Eddie’s and ran toward Fifth Avenue at 9:56 p.m.

Wednesday, April 25

Twenty-one people were released from an elevator entrapment in the Cathedral of Learning at 12:18 p.m.

Thursday, April 26

Police issued a citation for disorderly conduct to non-student John E. Baldauff of Dunmore, Pa., at 2:45 a.m.

Someone reported that an unknown person threw a brick through the window of his car at 1:48 p.m.

Friday, April 27

Police issued a citation to non-student Anthony D. Williams of Pittsburgh for possession of a small amount of marijuana at 2:27 a.m.

Officers assisted city police with the investigation of an accident involving a pedestrian hit by a vehicle. Medics transported the victim to UPMC Presbyterian.

Police issued citations for criminal mischief to students Ryan Heinz, Roland Gaglia and Thomas J. Lawson when the three were found spray painting the rear of Mervis Hall.

Saturday, April 28

Officers responded to a report of an altercation in Tower B at 5:02 a.m. Upon arrival officers confiscated a meat cleaver and several cans of spray paint from a person who had been involved in an earlier incident.

Police issued a citation for disorderly conduct to student Alison K. Irwin when she became disorderly after being asked to move her vehicle from Schenley Quadrangle at 5:55 p.m.

Monday, April 30

An officer in Towers served a city police arrest warrant for identity theft and access device fraud to non-student Reid Perilman of Pittsburgh at 3:53 a.m.

Friday, May 4

A student reported at 3:34 p.m. that she had previously been forced to have oral sex with an acquaintance.

A complainant reported at 5:23 p.m. that his bike was stolen from in front of the William Pitt Union.

Police served a city arrest warrant on non-student David Grabowski at 5:34 p.m.

Sunday, May 6

Police arrested non-student Priya Parmar of State College, Pa., for driving under the influence at 2:54 a.m.

Police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident with injury at 314 South Bouquet St. Medics transported the injured person to Presbyterian.

Monday, May 7

At 11:37 a.m. police arrested non-student Christopher Marts of Monroeville, Pa., for theft.

Wednesday, May 9

A complainant in Posvar Hall reported the theft of a fax machine at 10:34 a.m.

A vehicle without a registration plate parked on a hillside by the Sports Medicine Building was towed by Stuckert’s at 8:46 p.m.

Thursday, May 10

Officers served three county bench warrants to non-student Mark Sisson (aka Mark Brown) of Pittsburgh at 12:11 p.m.

Friday, May 11

Officers issued two citations for disorderly conduct to Lon M. Crawley of Pittsburgh and Christopher M. Dermott of Washington, Pa., at 2:01 a.m. at the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Coltart Street.

A complainant reported at 8:58 a.m. that an unauthorized man entered the Union during catered events and bothered the sponsors. The man left before officers arrived.

An officer stopped a person removing two computer monitors from Posvar Hall at 8:52 p.m. The person did not have written authorization to remove the monitors and returned them at the officer