Trio of Panthers receive weekly conference accolades

By Jasper Wilson / Sports Editor

For the second week in a row, the ACC honored James Conner for his performance over the weekend. This time, he had the company of some teammates. 

In the Panthers’ first ACC game this season, vs. Boston College, the sophomore running back powered his way to 214 yards and a touchdown on 36 carries — an average just shy of six per touch. Conner is at the top of the conference in yards averaged with 183.5. Having collected 30 points from five touchdowns, he also leads the league and is fifth in the country in scoring.

T.J. Clemmings and Chris Blewitt joined the reigning offensive back of the week for honors. 

Clemmings, a senior tackle who plays on the right side, helped Pitt continue its success running the ball against Boston College on Friday. The offensive line cleared the way for a team total 303 rushing yards on 51 carries and also protected its quarterback, Chad Voytik, in the first road game of his career as a starter, by not letting him get sacked.  

Clemmings is the second Pitt player this season to earn the offense line distinction after senior guard Matt Rotheram received it following his play in the win over Delaware on Aug. 30.

Blewitt, a kicker, went three for three on field goals, converting from 41, 42 and a career-long of 49. The sophomore also set a new personal record for total points, amassing 12 after making three extra points. His solid performance extended to the kicking tee, where he sent four of seven kickoffs for touchbacks.