Kamalani Akeo talks with members of the womens volleyball coaching staff in 2021.
Kamalani Akeo: An unsung hero contributing to the success of Pitt volleyball
By Matthew Scabilloni, Senior Staff Writer • 10:10 am

Panthers of the Week

Nikki Moriello | Visual Editor

TYLER BOYD- Wide receiver, football

With James Conner out for the season with a torn MCL, Tyler Boyd is Pitt football’s crowningjaw-droppingprimary playmaker. His abilities were on full display in Saturday’s 23-20 win at Syracuse, as the junior superstar shined in three facets of offense. Boyd caught a career-high 12 passes for 12 catches for 93 yards, rushed six times for 34 yards, and even completed a pass to Dontez Ford for 38 yards. Boyd earned his third career ACC Receiver of the Week honors for his efforts. Boyd and the Panthers face the North Carolina Tar Haeels Thursday at 7 p.m.

ROOSA ARVAS- Forward, women’s soccerWhile the Panthers’ women’s soccer team fell to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg by a score of 4-2 on Sunday, Arvas didn’t give in against the No. 7 ranked team in the country. The senior tallied one of Pitt’s two goals on the afternoon and totaled a team-leading four shots on the game. Arvas has enjoyed a fruitful senior campaign, ranking first on the team in assists (six), third in goals (four) and first in shots on goal (56). Arvas’ final regular season game is Sunday, as Pitt faces the No. 1 ranked Virginia Cavaliers at home.