Opinion | I am media literate and also don’t like ‘Poor Things’
By Delaney Rauscher Adams, Staff Columnist • 1:11 am

Police investigating failed robbery

Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred near UPMC Montefiore early Sunday morning.

At approximately 12:28 a.m. Sunday, Pitt police assisted city police on a call for an attempted robbery at the intersection of Terrace Street and Buffalo Street. According to a Pitt police crime alert, a black male broke into and tried to steal a woman’s car that was parked along the street. The woman’s purse was also inside her vehicle, but the robber did not disturb it.

When the man attempted to drive away, police said, two onlookers started banging on the windows of the car, startling the suspect. The man then got out of the car and ran away down Terrace Street.

Police have described the man who tried to steal the car as about 30 years old, 5 foot 10 inches, bald and muscular. At the time of the attempted robbery, police said the man was wearing a black leather jacket and a white shirt.

This is the second attempted theft in Oakland in the last week. On Nov. 12, a man tried to break into an apartment on Bates Street.

Police are asking anyone with information about this incident to contact the Pittsburgh police at 412-422-6520 and reference their report CCR #15-219313, or call Pitt police at 412-624-2121 and reference their report #15-03484.