9-year-old boy who caught McCutchen’s 300th HR reveals significant milestones of his own
By Aidan Kasner, Senior Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Pitt police report three assaults

Pitt police are investigating three assaults that occurred over the weekend in Oakland.

According to a crime alert, an unidentified man told police that an unknown person assaulted him around 1 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 31.

The victim told police he was assaulted and injured on the 3400 block of Saint James Place. The victim went to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital and reported the assault to police at about 1:51 a.m. The police report does not specify the man’s injury.

The man described his assailant as a 6-foot white man with a slender build, brown hair and brown eyes. At the time of the assault, the assailant was wearing khaki pants, a white shirt and a navy blue blazer.

Police ask anyone with information about the assault to call them at 412-624-2121 and reference report # 16-00372.

Later that morning, police reported that three men indecently assaulted an unidentified woman Saturday while she was walking on Oakland Avenue near the intersection of Oakland Avenue and Sennott Street.

The woman reported the assault to police Sunday, Jan. 31 at about 2:24 a.m. and told police three unknown black men touched her inappropriately.

The woman described two of the men as black and 5-foot-9-inches and the third as black and 6 feet tall.

Police ask anyone with information about the assault to call them at 412-624-2121 and reference report #16-00374.

On Sunday,, an unidentified woman told police that an unknown male assaulted her around 7 p.m. in the 3400 block of Fifth Avenue, according to a crime alert.

The victim told police that the man approached her from behind and grabbed her inappropriately before running away.

The report described the assailant as a tall male of unknown race.

Police ask anyone with information about the assault to call them at 412-624-2121 and reference #16-00382.