ART Heals Pittsburgh showcases the role of community art in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
By Amber Frantz, Staff Writer • 3:00 am
By Julia Smeltzer, Digital Manager • 2:23 am

By Amber Frantz, Staff Writer • 3:00 am

Narduzzi to drink for pink

Head coach Pat Narduzzi will be at Peter’s Pub Feb. 25th, raising money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Students will get their chance to drink and snap selfies with Pitt head football coach Pat Narduzzi this month — just don’t ask him about his game strategy.

On Feb. 25, the Oakland Business Improvement District and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, are hosting the seventh annual Drink for Pink event to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation in Pittsburgh. Narduzzi will mingle with guests at Peter’s from 5 to 7 p.m.

Local celebrities, including Pitt Community and Governmental Relations Chair John Wilds, Allegheny County Chief Executive Rich Fitzgerald and Senator Jay Costa, will make guest appearances at Peter’s Pub in Oakland. A yet-to-be decided list of guests will be appearing at a similar event at Andy’s Wine Bar at the Fairmont Hotel downtown.

Some of the Burgh’s best will serve up pink cocktails at the event, which the Dollar Bank is sponsoring,, and their tips will go to the Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh Foundation.

Last year, both of the bars raised $7,000 for the Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh office, according to OBID spokesperson Jonathan Winkler.

“We’ll be trying to break that record this year,” Winkler said, adding that he expects a full house at both bars.

Narduzzi also made a surprise guest appearance at Peter’s last year.

According to Pitt Executive Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations E.J. Borghetti, Narduzzi won’t bartend, but you’ll find him hanging out in the crowd.

“He will be on hand at the event to socialize and interact with the evening’s attendees for what is obviously a great, important cause,” Borghetti said.

Author’s note: A previous version of this article said that the local celebrities listed will make guest appearances at Peter’s Pub in Oakland and Andy’s Wine Bar at the Fairmont downtown. Instead, those guests will only appear at Peter’s Pub. The article has been updated to reflect those changes.