A speaker addressed protestors at an Earth Day rally in Schenley Plaza on Monday.
‘Reclaim Earth Day’ protest calls for Pitt to divest from fossil fuels
By Kyra McCague, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Interactive Crime Map Feb. 12-19

Here is the crime and other Pitt police activity for Feb. 12-19:

Friday, Feb. 12, 2016

9:30 a.m. Cathedral of Learning. Pitt police responded to a report of bench theft. An investigation is pending.

1:07 p.m. Litchfield Towers Lobby. Pitt police responded to a report of stolen mail. An investigation is pending.

7:08 p.m. Trees Hall. Pitt police responded to a report of a stolen cell phone. An investigation is pending.

10:33 p.m. Litchfield Towers Lobby. Pitt police responded to a report of stolen mail. An investigation is pending.

Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016

12:34 a.m. Litchfield Tower B. Pitt police referred a student for judicial action for violating a liquor law.

12:59 a.m. Bates Street at Semple Street. Pitt police arrested a man, who is not a Pitt student, for driving under the influence and for criminal mischief.

1:02 a.m. Holland Hall. Pitt police cited a Pitt student for underage drinking.

1:26 a.m. 3900 block of Fifth Avenue. Pitt police arrested a woman, who is not a Pitt student, for driving under the influence.

1:43 a.m. 200 block of Robinson Street. Pitt police assisted city police and Carnegie Mellon University police with an attempted robbery.

2:25 a.m. Sutherland Hall. Pitt police cited a student for underage drinking.

11:06 p.m. Bruce Hall. Pitt police responded to a report of marijuana smell and referred a student for judicial action.

11:28 p.m. Nordenberg Hall. Pitt police cited a student for underage drinking.

Sunday, Feb. 14, 2016

1:52 a.m. Bruce Hall. Pitt police cited two students for marijuana and disorderly conduct, and three different students for underage drinking.

2:30 a.m. 3400 block of Louisa Street. Pitt police arrested a student for driving under the influence and for disorderly conduct.

2:34 a.m. Sutherland Hall. Pitt police cited a student for marijuana and disorderly conduct.

2:40 a.m. McCormick Hall. Pitt police confiscated “some drug paraphernalia.”

5:55 p.m. 7-Eleven on Forbes Avenue. Pitt police cited a non-student for retail theft.

8:46 p.m. Magee-Womens Hospital. Pitt police assisted Elizabeth Township police with a domestic violence report.

9:41 p.m. 100 to 300 block of Oakland Avenue. Pitt police assisted city police with a domestic dispute.

Monday, Feb. 15, 2016

12:45 a.m. Litchfield Tower C. Pitt police responded to a report of marijuana smell and referred a student for judicial action.

10:10 a.m. Public Safety Building. Police responded to a report of a possible domestic violence incident from a campus security authority. An investigation is pending.

4:38 p.m. Public Safety Building. Police responded to a report from a female student that her ex-boyfriend had harassed her.

Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016

11:06 a.m. Litchfield Tower Lobby. Police responded to a report from a female student of stolen mail. An investigation is pending.

11:25 a.m. Litchfield Tower B. Police issued a citation to a student for disorderly conduct.

4:31 p.m. Litchfield Tower Lobby. Police responded to a report of harassment. An investigation is pending.

11:22 p.m. Police suspended one person’s driver’s license and confiscated drug paraphernalia at a traffic stop.

Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016

3:04 p.m. 100 to 300 block of Oakland Avenue. Pitt police assisted city police with a hit-and-run accident.

10:27 p.m. Holland Hall. Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana. Police referred one student for judicial action.

10:20 p.m. Litchfield Tower B. Police issued a citation to male student for underage drinking.

Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016

11:12 p.m. Nordenberg Hall. Police issued one citation to a student for underage drinking.

Friday, Feb. 19, 2016

12:03 a.m. Intersection of Fifth Avenue and Bouquet Street. Police issued one summons arrest to a man for possession of a small amount of marijuana and for giving false identification to law enforcement.

12:15 a.m. Intersection of Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard. Police issued a citation to a male student for underage drinking.

1:03 a.m. Nordenberg Hall. Police issued a citation to a female student for underage drinking.

1:19 a.m. Intersection of Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard. Police arrested one man for driving under the influence and possessing a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.