A member of Pitts swimming and diving team goes up for air while swimming during a meet against Army in Trees Hall on Sept 22, 2023.
Pitt swim and dive competes on national stage this week
By Aidan Kasner, Senior Staff Writer • 12:27 pm

Pitt v. Louisville: By the numbers

John+Hamilton+%7C+Staff+Photographer+
John Hamilton | Staff Photographer

Coming off of two crucial wins before the ACC Tournament, Pitt men’s basketball (19-7, 8-6 ACC) will take on the No. 11 Louisville Cardinals (21-6, 10-4 ACC) at home Wednesday. Here are some numbers to keep in mind before the 8 p.m. tipoff.

18.3: The average number of rebounds Pitt has over its past three opponents: Syracuse, Wake Forest and North Carolina. Pitt and Louisville take the ACC as the top two rebounding teams. Each team’s top rebounders: Louisville’s Chinanu Onuaku with 8.7 rebounds per game and Pitt’s Michael Young with seven rebounds per game, will be dueling beneath the glass Wednesday night.

18-0: The Panthers’ record this year when they score 70 or more points in a game.

11: Louisville’s rank in the latest AP Poll. Pitt has yet to beat a ranked team this season. It has lost to five ranked opponents this season, four of which were ranked in the top 12 at the time.

29: Jamel Artis and Michael Young’s combined points the last time Pitt took on Louisville, and lost, in January. Artis and Young, Pitt’s top scorers, average a combined 31.4 points per game and were the only two to reach double digits that game. Louisville’s top scorers, Damion Lee and Trey Lewis, average a total of 28.9 points per game.

14: The scoring margin when Lousiville dominated Syracuse (18-10, 8-7 ACC) on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 72-58. Pitt trumped Syracuse 66-52 this weekend.