Casual Fridays 9/6/13

By Editorial Staff

Secret-agent squirrels

In Iran, over a dozen squirrels were detained by Iranian intelligence operatives after being found within the nation’s borders. The squirrels were believed to be acting as intelligence operatives for Western countries. Multiple reports state that the squirrels had been carrying spy equipment from other countries when they were caught. To us, it sounds like Iranian intelligence agents have gone a little nutty.

Bill Nye the dancing guy

Bill Nye has officially joined the cast of ABC’s reality show “Dancing With the Stars.” The bowtie-wearing science guy has released word via Twitter that he can be expected to be swingin’ alongside Snooki during the show’s 17th season with partner Tyne Stecklein. We certainly hope that he and his partner have perfect chemistry on the dance floor.

Stripped steak

In New Zealand, a man dressed in a cow costume was seen stealing a number of steaks. The man, who was not caught, allegedly stole the meat before leaving the store relatively unseen. Attention was called to the shoplifter by a customer who witnessed the man purloining the sirloin, but the costumed caperer escaped. Police said the man went unnoticed by employees of the store because wearing costumes is an extremely common practice in the town. Perhaps this was an attempt for Chick-fil-A to get everyone to “eat mor chikin.”

Lime in the coke-onut

A shipment of plastic limes destined for Belgium from Colombia was intercepted in Cartagena, Colombia, after it was made known that the shipment contained cocaine. The shipment included over a ton of cocaine stuffed inside the limes. The estimated value of the seized drugs is nearly $60 million. Whoever put the cocaine in the limes must have mixed up the lyrics to the song.

Kitty Hawk

An artist in the Netherlands had a unique way of mourning the passing of his pet cat, Orville. In 2012, after the animal was killed by a car, Bart Jansen had his pets body stuffed and turned into a radio-controlled quadcopter. Orville was placed on display at the KunstRAI art festival in Amsterdam. Jansen refused to comment on rumors that he plans to take his skills to the competitive taxidermy circuit next year.