The Pitt News

Editorial | Top 10 things we learned this semester

Editorial | Top 10 things we learned this semester
November 20, 2020
About 25% of this learning came from our Zoom classes. The other 75% just came from existing in the world, or on Pitt’s campus.

Editorial | Pitt’s mandated ‘shelter-in-place’ is inadequate, dangerous

Although it was originally scheduled to commence this Thursday, Pitt instead decided to start its mandated “shelter-in-place” and move back into the Elevated risk posture Sunday night.
November 10, 2020
Unfortunately, Pitt’s shelter-in-place mandate doesn’t much emphasize sheltering, and even less staying in place.

Editorial | Top 10 things to do while awaiting election results

Editorial | Top 10 things to do while awaiting election results
November 6, 2020
It’s unclear when we’re going to get finalized presidential election results. Or sleep. Here are the top 10 things we’re going to do in the meantime.

Editorial | Voter accessibility should not be a partisan issue

Voters drop off their presidential primary mail-in ballots at a drop box at King County Elections in Renton, Washington, on March 10.
November 3, 2020
Voter accessibility and a fair election are basic tenets of democracy, and shouldn’t be treated as partisan issues.

Editorial | Top 10 issues you’re supporting when you vote for Biden

Editorial | Top 10 issues you’re supporting when you vote for Biden
November 2, 2020
Getting Biden into office is the surest way to advance important policies. Here are the editorial board’s top 10 issues that you can support by voting for Biden.

Editorial | Top 10 responsible ways to celebrate Halloween

Editorial | Top 10 responsible ways to celebrate Halloween
October 29, 2020
The editorial board offers its top 10 socially responsible ways to celebrate Halloween in the time of COVID-19.

Editorial | Democrats must pack Supreme Court to maintain people’s rights

Protesters and supporters of U.S. Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett rally during the Senate Judiciary Committee meeting in Capitol Hill on Oct. 22.
October 27, 2020
It’s vital that Democrats do everything in their power to overturn the conservative majority — and if that means they have to pack the court, then so be it.

Editorial | A vaccine isn’t the pandemic’s magic fix

The United States continues to lead the world in COVID-19 deaths — surpassing the 225,000 mark on Sunday.
October 25, 2020
The current administration needs to start taking mitigation actions and stop pretending a vaccine is the magic cure to the pandemic.

Editorial | Top 10 things we did on Self-Care Day

The University of Pittsburgh had a designated self-care day on Oct. 14 for students.
October 22, 2020
Here are the top 10 things we did on Student Self-Care Day. You can infer for yourself whether or not there was any care involved.

Editorial | Allowing students to attend football games is too risky

Pitt announced Thursday that it would allow fans to return to Heinz Field to watch the football team’s two remaining home games.
October 18, 2020
Fans should not be allowed back inside Heinz Field, as there is no foolproof way to stop people from congregating inside the stadium or to ensure that all precautions are followed.
Load more stories

The University of Pittsburgh's Daily Student Newspaper
Editorials