Opinion | I am media literate and also don’t like ‘Poor Things’
By Delaney Rauscher Adams, Staff Columnist • 1:11 am

Interactive Crime Map Sept. 16 – 23

Here is the Pitt Police activity from Sept. 16 – 23.

Friday, Sept. 16, 2016

1:11 p.m. UPMC Mercy. Police arrested an unaffiliated person on charges of simple assault.

Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016

2:06 a.m. Holland Hall. Police issued a citation to a female student for underage drinking.

2:29 a.m. Nordenberg Hall. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of an alcohol law violation. Police referred one student for judicial action.

2:40 a.m. Bruce Hall. Police issued a citation to a male student for underage drinking.

3:00 a.m. Brackenridge Hall. Police responded to a report of criminal mischief.

9:32 a.m. 3900 Forbes Avenue. Police arrested an unaffiliated man on a summons on charges of possession of a controlled substance.

Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016

12:18 a.m. 200 block of Oakland Avenue. Police responded to a report of a verbal domestic incident. Police spoke with both parties and separated them for the night.

12:25 a.m. 300 block of Meyran Avenue. Police issued a citation to a female student for violation of the open container ordinance.

12:38 a.m. Brackenridge Hall. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of an alcohol law violation. Police referred one student for judicial action.

12:42 a.m. 3500 Forbes Avenue. Police issued a citation to a student for underage drinking.

12:46 a.m. 3900 Forbes Avenue. Police issued a citation to a juvenile student for underage drinking and informed the student’s parents.

1:59 a.m. 300 block of McKee Place. Police responded to assist the city police with a burglary.

3:55 a.m. Nordenberg Hall. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of an alcohol law violation. Police referred one student for judicial action.

7:27 p.m. Mazeroski Field. Police responded to a report of the smell of marijuana and referred two students for judicial action.

Monday, Sept. 19, 2016

12:34 p.m. Keystone Building. Police responded to a report of the theft of audio/visual equipment. An investigation is pending.

4:48 p.m. Posvar Hall and Forbes Quad. Police issued a citation to an unaffiliated man for public drunkenness.

Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016

2:09 p.m. Public Safety Building. Police responded to assist city police with several students who were referred for judicial action for the month of August 2016.

5:25 p.m. 3900 Forbes Avenue. Police responded to a female student’s report that her cell phone was missing. An investigation is pending.

6:39 p.m. University Club. Police responded to a report from two individuals of theft of money from their purses. An investigation is pending.

9:36 p.m. Petersen Events Center. Police responded to a student’s report of the theft of their water bottle and bag. An investigation is pending.

Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016

5:46 a.m. UPMC Mercy. Police arrested an unaffiliated person on charges of possessing and selling drugs — heroin and crack cocaine — and contraband as well as escape and resisting arrest.

2:20 p.m. Public Safety Building. Police responded to a student’s report that he was the victim of a scam. An investigation is pending.

5:25 p.m. Detre Hall. Police responded to a WPIC employee’s report that a juvenile patient assaulted her.

8:31 p.m. Detre Hall. Police responded to assist UPMC Security with the theft of an engagement ring.

Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016

8:13 a.m. Medical Arts Building. Police responded to a report of a fire an electrical fire in the generator area of elevator number two. The Pittsburgh Fire Bureau responded and cleared the call.

12:29 p.m. South Oakland. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of a sex offense. The victim has not contacted the police or filed a report.

3:47 p.m. Public Safety Building. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of stalking. The authority said the victim’s ex-boyfriend has been harassing her for over a month and a half. The victim has not contacted the police or filed a report.

Friday, Sept. 23, 2016

12:39 a.m. Bouquet Gardens. Police responded to a report from a campus security authority of an alcohol law violation. Police referred one student for judicial action.