By Emma Hannan and Kyra McCague 8:57 am
By Julia Smeltzer, Digital Manager • 2:23 am

By Emma Hannan and Kyra McCague 8:57 am

Two residences in Oakland robbed

Pitt and city police responded to calls within one hour of each other Sunday morning that two South Oakland homes — one on Semple Street and one on Meyran Avenue  — had been robbed.

No one was injured in either incident, which occurred about a block away from one another, but residents of each home told police that some of their valuables had been stolen.

Pitt and city police officers responded to a report of a burglary on the 300 block of Semple Street at 3:57 a.m. on Oct. 9. The residents who were home at the time told police they heard noise and saw an unknown man fleeing the house. They said the man ran in the direction of Meyran Avenue.

Both police departments responded to a second report of a burglary on the 300 block of Meyran less than an hour later, at about 4:37 a.m. Those residents told police that an unknown person entered the residence sometime between 11 p.m. on Oct. 8, and 2 a.m.

It was not immediately clear from the reports if the same person committed both burglaries. Police do not have any description of the suspect for the burglary on Meyran. For the incident on Semple, police only describe the suspect as male. A spokesperson for the city police did not return a request for more information about the two incidents.

The police departments are asking that anyone with information regarding the incident call the Pittsburgh Police Department at 412-422-6520 or Pitt police at 412-624-2121.