Kristan Hawkins speaks at the Turning Point USA event on Wednesday evening in the OHara Student Center.
Turning Point USA speaker Kristan Hawkins draws protest
By Emma Hannan and Kyra McCague April 19, 2024

TPN earns 17 awards at College Media Business and Advertising Managers

Thomas J. Yang
(Photo by Thomas Yang | Visual Editor)

College Media Business and Advertising Managers presented The Pitt News with 17 awards for excellence in business operations, marketing and promotions during the organization’s 46th annual Advertising Awards Competition Saturday.

According to the CMBAM website, the awards ceremony recognizes excellence in business and advertising for college newspapers. TPN earned recognition with 15 team awards and two individual awards.

TPN won first place in five program categories including best college media design program, best sales increase of a special section for Employment Guide, best self-marketing or promotional pl an, best group promotion for Pitt Map and best self-promotion print ad in color, awarded for a coloring book contest promotion.

Senior Maya Puskaric, TPN’s production manager, won an individual first place award for best designer. Senior Katie Bozzo also took third place in the best public relations or marketing manager category for her role as The Pitt News’ marketing manager.

TPN earned second in the best sales strategy for a special section for its graduate school guide, part of The Pitt News’ Employment Guide, and in the best sales promotional material category for postcards sent to potential advertisers. An advertisement campaign for Fuel and Fuddle also won second place in the print ad campaign category.

TPN won third place in the best college media sales program, best sales incentive program,  best display ad in black and white for a Puccini ad and best social media strategy with the addition of this year’s Events Calendar. CMBAM awarded TPN honorable mentions for best training program, best self-promotion ad in black and white and best sales pitch or proposal for Mass Mutual.