Shooting along Forbes Avenue leaves two injured

By Gwenn Barney

Two men were injured after exchanging gunfire on the 3900 block of Forbes Avenue early Friday… Two men were injured after exchanging gunfire on the 3900 block of Forbes Avenue early Friday morning.

According to city police, the gunfight resulted from an attempted robbery outside McDonald’s.

Around 2:40 a.m., Jason “Jiggy” Woodall, 18, of McKees Rocks, Pa., attempted to rob a 23-year-old man from Pittsburgh’s Morningside neighborhood of a bracelet at gunpoint. The 23-year-old pulled out a legally registered and licensed handgun in response and the two proceeded to exchange fire.

Pitt spokesman John Fedele said the gunfight took place outside The Original Hot Dog Shop on the corner of Forbes Avenue and Bouquet Street.

Woodall was taken into custody following the incident, in which the other man was shot in the stomach. Woodall was grazed by a bullet and was treated at a hospital before being transferred to the Allegheny County Jail on charges of attempted homicide, robbery, aggravated assault and receiving stolen property.

A Pitt police officer made Woodall’s arrest, after finding the suspect hiding beneath a car on Oakland Avenue.

The other man underwent surgery at UPMC Presbyterian and was most recently reported to be in critical condition.