Football: Panthers set for Blue-Gold Scrimmage

By Isaac Saul

The Pitt Panthers will host the annual Spring Football Festival and Blue-Gold Scrimmage this… The Pitt Panthers will host the annual Spring Football Festival and Blue-Gold Scrimmage this Saturday, April 14, concluding spring drills.

During the event, which will be held at the North Hills’ Martorelli Stadium and is free to the public, the Panther players and coaches will conduct a youth clinic in addition to participating in the scrimmage.

There will also be live music, games, Pitt prizes and face painting, as well as official merchandise and season tickets for sale.

Along with the current Panthers, Pitt will also be honoring former Panthers during its “Canton or Bust” Sweepstakes, which will offer a chance for fans to win a trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival and a $1,000 shopping spree at the Hall of Fame.

Pitt will be promoting former Panther stars Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman as they vie for a spot in Canton.

At the conclusion of the scrimmage, which is sponsored by Chevrolet, there will be a “Meet the Panthers” session at which fans will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with their favorite Pitt stars. Pitt is returning 14 starters from 2012.

Gates open at 11 a.m.