Police blotter

By Mallory Grossman

Saturday, Dec. 10

6:52 p.m. — Police received a report of elevator entrapment at Litchfield… Saturday, Dec. 10

6:52 p.m. — Police received a report of elevator entrapment at Litchfield Tower A. An engineer released the individual without incident.

Sunday, Dec. 11

12: 26 a.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with an attempted robbery at the 900 block of Cherokee Street. The area was searched with negative results.

2:03 a.m. — Police received report of a Christmas tree that was thrown through the front window of Delta Tau Delta. An investigation is pending.

8:27 p.m. — Police warrant arrested non-affiliate Stephen C. Lamm, of 5456 N. Coplay Road, Whitehall, Pa.. at Sennott Square.

9:34 p.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a robbery at the 300 block of McKee Place. The area was searched with negative results.

Wednesday, Dec. 14

8:57 a.m. — A person reported a theft of several computers at Biomedical Science Tower 3. An investigation is pending.

12:13 p.m. — A person reported the theft of their iPad at Alumni Hall. An investigation is pending.

2:00 p.m. — Police summons arrested non-affiliate Dorian Lamar Arrington of 516 Seddon Ave., Braddock, Pa., for presenting false ID to law enforcement, disorderly conduct and failure to use a pedestrian crossing.

5:17 p.m. — Police received report of a motor vehicle accident without injury at Forbes and Meyran avenues. Both parties exchanged driver’s information and police issued three traffic citations to the driver at fault.

7:57 p.m. — Police were called to confiscate a rappelling rope from a dorm room in Litchfield Tower B. The item was placed in an evidence locker, and an investigation is pending.

Thursday, Dec. 15

2:01 a.m. — Police issued a citation to affiliate Ryan C. DiSabato, of 6025 Orangewick Drive, Lewis Center, Ohio., for public drunkenness at Schenley Quad.

Friday, Dec. 16

3:42 p.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a fight that occurred on a bus at Allequippa and Robinson streets.

5:23 p.m. — Police received report of a motor vehicle accident without injury at DeSoto and Terrace streets. Both parties exchanged information and police issued one traffic citation.

5:30 p.m. — Police received report of a hit-and-run accident involving a Pitt shuttle bus at Fifth Avenue and Lothrop Street. An investigation is pending.

10:14 p.m. — Police issued one citation to affiliate Adekunle Adewole-Adunbi of 1370 McIntyre St., Ann Arbor, Mich., for defiant trespass at Litchfield Towers lobby.

Saturday, Dec. 17

1:51 a.m. — Police issued one citation to non-affiliate Logan M. Stephenson of Rt. 1 Box 607, Farmington, W. Va., for defiant trespass at Hillman Library.

2:08 a.m. — Pitt police assisted city police with a male subject chasing two females at Cato Street and Hardie Way. The area was searched, and a person matching the description was stopped. Both females advised that it was not the person who was chasing them.

11:37 a.m. — A person reported that his GPS and several CDs were stolen from his vehicle at the L lot Franklin Complex. An investigation is pending.

4:06 p.m. — Police issued one citation to non-affiliate Shane M. Rieder of 303 South Aiken Ave., Pittsburgh, Pa., for possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct at Boundary Street.

5:47 p.m. — A person reported a theft of a catalytic converter part of their vehicle at the Y lot on Darragh Street. An investigation is pending.

6:09 p.m. — Police received report of a small trash can fire in the lobby of the Petersen Events Center. It was determined a cigarette butt was the cause, and the fire was extinguished with water.

Sunday, Dec. 18

8:04 a.m. — While conducting a building check of all fraternity houses, police found several windows open at Phi Kappa Theta. The windows were secured by the officers.

3:23 p.m. — Police arrested non-affiliate John Doe for disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and possession of marijuana/disorderly conduct at the 3500 block of Forbes Avenue.