Pitt police issue crime alert after attempted burglary

Thomas Yang | Assistant Visual Editor

U.S. District Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan said there was no evidence to suggest Rosfeld’s resignation was coerced under duress.

By Mary Rose O'Donnell, Assistant News Editor

Pitt police issued a crime alert Thursday morning detailing an attempted burglary in the 300 block of South Bouquet Street.

Pitt and City police both responded to the incident, which occurred Wednesday at about 8:21 p.m.

According to the alert, a bystander saw a man trying to kick in the door of a residence. The suspect fled on foot on Argyle Way toward Fiber Way and was later seen in the 300 block of Oakland Avenue heading toward Forbes Avenue. A firearm was recovered outside of the residence where the suspect was observed.

The alert described the suspect as an African American male between 6-foot-1 and 6-foot-2, 200 to 250 pounds and having “short pointed tip braids on the top of his head.” He was also seen wearing a gray T-shirt.

The police departments are asking that anyone with information regarding the incident call the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Zone 4 at 412-422-6520 and reference CCR #20-0010638, or Pitt police at 412-624-2121 and reference report #20-00169.

Pitt students can register for crime alerts, which are separate from the University’s Emergency Notification Service, through the Rave website by selecting “Crime Alerts” under opt-in lists.