First-year guard Aaryn Battle (1) dribbles the ball during Thursday evening’s game against Wake Forest in the Petersen Events Center.
Pitt women’s basketball falls back into their old habits, fall to Wake Forest 65-50
By Sara Meyer, Staff Writer • 9:10 am

By Sara Meyer, Staff Writer • 9:10 am

Woman struck by UPMC shuttle on upper campus, died at hospital

A woman was struck by a UPMC shuttle bus on upper campus on November 29, at the intersection of Terrace Street and Sutherland Drive.

The victim, who was given CPR until first responders arrived, was taken to the hospital in critical condition after going into a cardiac arrest. She died at the hospital.

The site of the accident, which occurred around 9:30 a.m Wednesday, remained closed to pedestrians and traffic until around 12:05. 

This story was updated as more details became available.

Ryleigh Lord, News Editor
Ryleigh Lord is the head news editor at The Pitt News. She is a junior history and English writing major with an Irish minor. She also contributes to the culture desk, mostly to talk about the shows and movies she loves. In her free time, she's usually cheering on Arsenal WFC despite their best efforts to break her spirit. You can contact her at [email protected]