Award-winning poets featured in Writers Series

By ROSS RADER

Pittsburgh Contemporary Writers Series Nikky Finney and Terrance Hayes Frick Fine Arts… Pittsburgh Contemporary Writers Series Nikky Finney and Terrance Hayes Frick Fine Arts Auditorium Today, 7 p.m.

As a part of the Pittsburgh Contemporary Writers Series, Nikky Finney and Terrance Hayes will be reading their poetry in the Frick Fine Arts Auditorium today at 7 p.m.

Finney is an associate professor of creative writing at the University of Kentucky and has written three books of poetry: “On Wings Made of Gauze,” “The World is Round” and “Rice,” which won a PEN America Open Book Award. Finney is also the author of “Heartwood,” a collection of short stories, and is in the process of writing a novel.

Hayes, an associate professor of creative writing at Carnegie Mellon University, is the author of “Hip Logic, Muscular Music” and “Wind in a Box.” Among his many awards and honors, Hayes has received a Whiting Writers Award, the Kate Tufts Discovery Award, a National Poetry Series award, a Pushcart Prize, a Best American Poetry selection and a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship.

In its ninth season, Pittsburgh Contemporary Writers Series will continue to feature award-winning poets and writers throughout the school year. Poet Gabeba Baderoon, author of “A Hundred Silences,” novelist Dan Chaon and memoirist Kathryn Harrison are scheduled to read this season.