Board meets with Sodexho

By MARIA MASTERS

Members of the Student Government Board met with representatives of Sodexho and Pitt’s dining… Members of the Student Government Board met with representatives of Sodexho and Pitt’s dining services on April 24 to discuss the remodeling of Pitt’s food system.

Although Sodexho and SGB were “sworn to secrecy,” board members were enthusiastic about the number and value of the changes that will take place in the future.

Board member Will Powers said that he’s heard numerous students complain about the food.

“Many students felt there were value problems with their meals,” Powers said. “Many felt they were overpriced, some felt they were lacking something and others felt they were superfluous.”

Last year, former board member Liz Blasi began the food committee, which would meet to hear students’ complaints, concerns and compliments about Pitt’s dining services.

Currently, board member Alli Winn heads the food committee, which meets on the last Friday of every month in the Marketplace.

Board members encourage students to come to the food meetings, saying that most concerns result in an immediate solution.

“One time a girl requested a salad dressing and it was there at the end of the week,” Powers said.

Powers, who has been working on putting food in Lothrop Hall, will send residents another survey that will better reflect the new food system that Pitt will eventually install.

“I was blown away by the level of renovations,” Powers said. “There will be more vegan based food and more food that will appeal to other cultures.”

He predicted that Lothrop will have food sometime in the fall, but that it will take until 2008 to completely rework the food system throughout Pitt’s campus.

Sodexho refused to comment.