Latest shooting kills man

By DAVEEN RAE KURUTZ

The city of Pittsburgh’s 30th homicide of the year occurred on Robinson Street in West Oakland… The city of Pittsburgh’s 30th homicide of the year occurred on Robinson Street in West Oakland Thursday, marking the latest incident of violent crime to riddle the Pitt community this summer.

Darrington Francis-Bruce, 25, was shot and killed at approximately 3:07 p.m. He died at 3:36 p.m., after being transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital by paramedics.

Thursday afternoon Francis-Bruce, a resident of Detroit, was found lying on the ramp leading to 264 Robinson St.

An initial investigation suggested that Francis-Bruce arrived at the residence not long before the shooting. Police reports stated that he entered the home for a few minutes before returning to his vehicle, where he was shot multiple times.

Preliminary reports also stated that at least five gunshots were heard and two or three men were seen fleeing the scene.

Police said that the victim got out of his vehicle and attempted to return to the house, where he collapsed on the ramp. Police found Francis-Bruce unresponsive and bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds.

The shooting put this year’s total one ahead of last year at this point in the summer.

Police have not yet issued any information concerning the suspects. An investigation is ongoing.