Pitt announces new director of Student Life

By JONATHAN CHECK

Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies and Dean of Students Jack Daniel announced the… Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies and Dean of Students Jack Daniel announced the appointment of Kenyon Bonner as the new director of student life yesterday.

Bonner, a graduate of Washington and Jefferson College, currently serves as the associate director of Residence Life at Pitt. He previously served as the assistant director of residence life at Kent State University before joining Pitt last year.

Daniel stressed his enthusiasm for Bonner in a University memo distributed yesterday, praising him for his dedication and leadership both at Kent State and Pitt, and cited Bonner’s “rich array of professional experiences” that made him a worthy choice for the position.

At Kent State, Bonner was responsible for the daily operations of a residence hall and gained experience with academic affairs, co-curricular programming, student leadership workshops and Greek life, the memo noted. At Pitt, Bonner worked with Deborah Furka, director of Residence Life, on a number of projects including the development and management of the Residence Life budget.

“I look forward to working directly with him throughout my remaining tenure as dean, and the enhancement of Student Life will continue to be one of my very highest goals,” Daniel wrote.

A follow-up story will appear in The Pitt News next week.