Casual Fridays, 9/26/2014

By The Pitt News Editorial Board

Frogs are people too

In Westworth Village, Texas, local firefighters pulled off a daring rescue while combatting a house fire. The life saved that from the blaze that day was a frog’s. The amphibian in distress was apparently very thankful for the firefighters’ bravery that day, as was his girlfriend, Miss Piggy.

Prisoner: Really good roommate

A prisoner in a western Montana jail attempted an escape late Wednesday night. And he would’ve gotten away with it too, if he weren’t such a nice guy. As it turns out, the prisoner, Simeon Keith Lippert, 24, surrendered in the middle of his escape because he didn’t want to disturb his fellow inmates’ sleep. Reportedly, he even turns off his alarm clock every morning, unlike MY roommate.

Fra-gee-lay: It must be Dutch

Dutch man Leo Bonton recently had his leg amputated after developing a nasty infection. Instead of wallowing in the loss of his leg, he looked at the bright side: the awesome business opportunity the situation provided. He decided to turn his amputated leg into a lamp and attempt to sell it on eBay. Unfortunately for Bonton, eBay said it breached their policy banning the sale of human body parts. In other news, IKEA announced a new line of lamps coming this spring.

Let it go

Formerly obscure author Isabella Tanikumi is suing Disney for $250 million. Why? It turns out that Disney’s “Frozen” is a rip-off of her semi-autobiographical book, “Yearnings of the Heart.” The author claims that “Frozen” plagiarized her story, characters and plots of her book, which took place in the Andean mountains. Meanwhile, scientists are searching for a talking snowman in Peru.

Officers receive tip

In Portland, Ore., a Pizza Hut delivery driver got into a crash and injured his neck while on the job. When police officers arrived on the scene, they knew what they had to do: finish the delivery. Officers Michael Filbert and Royce Curtiss delivered the pie successfully to the hungry customers. Unfortunately, the only jokes we could come up for this were … extra cheesy.