Musical maniacs Cannibal Corpse visit Laga

By BRIAN PALMERStaff Writer

Cannibal Corpse

Tonight, 7 p.m.

Club Laga, $18

All ages

(412) 682-2050…

Cannibal Corpse

Tonight, 7 p.m.

Club Laga, $18

All ages

(412) 682-2050

At the top of the death metal scene for more than a decade now, Cannibal Corpse – or C-Corpse as faithful fans call them – have bashed the senses of every person who has ever listened to the group’s music. Eleven years ago, with the debut album, Eaten Back To Life, C-Corpse took control of the death metal scene and never let go.

Over the years, the members of the band have found themselves banned completely from Australia, New Zealand and Korea as well as banned from playing songs from their first three albums in Germany. They remain welcomed in the United States where teen-age angst runs wild in the mosh pits, as front man George “Corpse Grinder” Fisher delivers blood curdling screams that blast through the heavy guitars and drums.

With the release of their eighth studio album, Gore Obsessed, C-Corpse takes the level of gore and death to a new level with songs such as, “Sanded Faceless,” “Mutation of the Cadaver” and “Drowning in Viscera.” C-Corpse takes their show of gore on the road and plays at Laga Friday.

Also playing is C-Corpse’s label mate Cattle Decapitation. Another band with the driving power to form a raging mosh pit, Cattle Decapitation fills the air with more ear-piercing screams when the members sing songs such as “Testicular Manslaughter,” “I Eat Your Skin” and “Chunk Blower.”

The Metal Blade Records duo will blast their loud and aggressive music that only they can produce, and will blow the roof off Club Laga with the intensity blaring from the speakers.