Editorial: Casual Fridays 2-26

By Staff Editorial

Pitt pads

Pitt announced it will expand the Bouquet Gardens student housing onto Oakland… Pitt pads

Pitt announced it will expand the Bouquet Gardens student housing onto Oakland Avenue to accommodate 150 to 200 more students by August 2011. Rumor was Pitt wanted to name these new buildings Wannstedt Hall, but it didn’t want students to worry about the building starting off strong but collapsing in December.

Birds of a feather

A German ornithology study found that birds with more fat have a better chance of mating and also have more one-night stands than their lightweight counterparts, according to The Register. This explains Big Bird’s unceasing grin.

Stiff competition

Thousands of pole dancers and the fast-growing national and international federations of athletic pole dancing want to see their sport become an Olympic sport, according to MSNBC. On top of earning medals, athletes would also compete for tips.

Sordid sheets

The Telegraph reported that a survey that said Americans are considered the most attractive people in the world. Also, more than half a million Britons only wash their bed sheets three times a year, reports the United Press International. In other words, Americans are sexy, but the British are dirtier in bed.

We’ll be back

As the weather becomes blustery and snowy again, it looks like winter just won’t quit. Rest assured, neither will bad Casual Friday jokes.