Editorial: Casual Friday’s

By Staff Editorial

C’mon, Charlie

Collecting 67 percent of the vote, Charlie Shull is your new Student Government… C’mon, Charlie

Collecting 67 percent of the vote, Charlie Shull is your new Student Government Board president. Since winning the election last night, Shull has displayed an embarrassing pattern of inaction and laziness. How dare he try to sleep.

Sleazy center spread

Reuters reported that Hugh Hefner is selling Playboy for about $300 million. The buyer has yet to be announced, but be sure to check out The Pitt News’ center spread this Monday for a surprise.

Sorry, Santa

For the holiday season, Santa wants a gift of his own before stopping to see all the boys and girls at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: an H1N1 vaccine, as reported by Indianapolis news channel WISH-TV. Currently, however, Santa does not fall into any of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s vaccination priority groups. Looks like he’ll have to settle for the shiny, red toy fire truck.

Drink to your health

BBC reported that a study in Spain found that drinking alcohol everyday can reduce the risk of heart disease in men. Subjects who drank three to 11 drinks a day can reduce their risk by an average of 50 percent. For those of you playing along at home, this means that they’d live longer, had they not died decades prior from liver issues.

Au revoir, Oprah

Come 2011, Oprah Winfrey will bid adieu to her massively popular talk show, “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” as she plans to start a cable channel of her own. We only hope this doesn’t result in Ted Turner starting a book club.