Editorial: Casual Friday’s

By Staff Editorial

Too-close encounters

Today marks the 61st anniversary of the Orson Welles’ radio broadcast of… Too-close encounters

Today marks the 61st anniversary of the Orson Welles’ radio broadcast of “War of Worlds,” which led some listeners to believe martians were actually invading Earth. To honor this occasion, Pittsburgh will re-broadcast police testimony from students’ G-20 arrest hearings.

Hulk hungry for action

Hulk Hogan has joined Total NonStop Action Wrestling, a professional wrestling company competing with WWE. Though World Wrestling Entertainment still dominates pro wrestling ratings, TNA is growing in popularity. But following his messy divorce, Hogan might just be happy for any TNA he can get.

Don’t drop the rhyme

Lil Wayne, who is currently facing one year in prison after pleading guilty to attempted gun possession, will release his new mixtape on Halloween. The mixtape, named “No Ceilings,” precedes Weezy’s upcoming studio album, “No Showers.”

Do you hear what I hear?

Pittsburgh City Council is discussing buying ShotSpotter, a new technology that tracks gunshots within 5 to 10 seconds of firing. ShotSpotter’s vice president Gregg Rowland told the Post-Gazette that sensors pick up “snap, crackle and pop” sounds. Breakfast in Homewood just got a lot more interesting.

Hey, it works!

A Canadian folk singer was killed by coyotes on Thursday. Minutes after authorities shot at the coyotes, Pittsburgh City Council members showed up.

Governator gripe

In “Kindergarten Cop” news, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger

took criticism after sending an offensive veto letter to the

state legislature of California.

A reader has to look close to find his hidden message.

The first letter of every line reveals an obscene vertical note

ultimately spelling, “F*ck you.” What would possess the ex-

movie star to do something like this? Politics is often dirty, but

only the governator himself can say for sure. The Pitt News

raised a few ideas, but we don’t want to openly speculate.