Pitt and the president

By Dana Edmunds

‘ ‘ ‘ With less than a week until the election, both Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama… ‘ ‘ ‘ With less than a week until the election, both Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama have spent most of their time campaigning in swing states. The Pitt News Focus Group sat down this week to discuss which candidate will win Pennsylvania, a pivotal state in this election. ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘I still think McCain and Palin have a strong shot in Pennsylvania. While we are in a very liberal area, we actually forget about the middle part of the state or the other parts of the state that tend to go more conservative. So, I think that McCain has a good chance of possibly taking Pennsylvania,’ said Charlotte Bonilla. ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘Since the presidency is chosen by the Electoral College, and Pennsylvania chooses how those votes are given over by winner take all, I think is that Barack Obama will have the majority of the popularity vote and the Electoral College in Pennsylvania, even though McCain might give him a run for his money,’ said Lauren O’Leary. ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘I really honestly couldn’t say who I think is going to win. I feel like it could go either way. So many different areas of Pennsylvania have different demographics and different political opinions. I think the only thing that I would say is in Barack Obama’s favor is that in the most populated areas of the state, like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas, I feel like his support is stronger there,’ said Josh Vezza.