Rock out with Habitat at multi-band event

By LINDSAY BLAZIN

“Rock with Habitat” Various bands Tonight from 7 to midnight WPU Assembly Room

Pitt’s… “Rock with Habitat” Various bands Tonight from 7 to midnight WPU Assembly Room

Pitt’s Chapter of Habitat for Humanity – the group that builds that shack in front of the Union every year – works throughout the year to help build or fix up houses in the Pittsburgh area. An annual spring break trip allows the group to spread the home-improvement joy to communities outside of Pittsburgh.

But Panther Habitat cares about more than hammers and two-by-four – it also loves to rock.

In an effort to fuse these two apparently disparate passions and to raise money for its very worthy cause, “Rock with Habitat” will take over the Assembly Room of the William Pitt Union tonight beginning at 7 p.m.

This year’s event boasts an impressive roster of five distinctive bands. Those interested in the indie pop-rock scene will want to check out Like Summer and The Lampshades. A folksier, more experimental sound can be found in Andover Terrace, a quartet named after the Oakland street. The Last Hope will bring its loud and fast punk-rock, and Soul Vibe will provide a more laidback, urban set.

Best of all, the entire evening only costs $5.

So for less than it costs to get a pizza from The O, you can watch five bands perform and support Pitt’s chapter of Habitat for Humanity as it perseveres to improve the quality of housing for Pittsburgh families.

Tickets are on sale now at the WPU ticket office or can be purchased tonight at the door.