Pitt Police Blotter

By Pitt News Staff

Tuesday, April 12

9:04 a.m. — A man returned to his vehicle in the parking… Tuesday, April 12

9:04 a.m. — A man returned to his vehicle in the parking lot at the Eureka Building and found that his tail light had been damaged.

10:08 a.m. — A man reported that the rear window of his vehicle was broken while it was parked at the University Drive lot.

10:42 a.m. — A patrol car transported a person with an injury from the Litchfield Towers Lobby to the hospital.

1:12 p.m. — A resident director reported finding graffiti on the fourth floor of Tower A. The incident was cleared.

1:54 p.m. — Officers assisted city police in helping a pedestrian struck by a car at Fifth Avenue and Atwood Street.

2:19 p.m. — An elevator repairman released a person stuck in a Tower B elevator, and the incident was cleared.

3:18 p.m. — Officers checked on the welfare of a student in Tower C, and the incident was cleared.

4:13 p.m. — City medics transported a person with an injury from the Schenley Quadrangle to the hospital.

4:52 p.m. — A guard of the primates at the Plum Research Facility reported an unusual visitor. The incident was cleared.

5:02 p.m. — A person reported being struck by a car at Forbes Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard.

6:14 p.m. — An unknown person threw a smoke bomb onto a Posvar Hall escalator. The smoke bomb burned the escalator, an engineer was notified and the incident was cleared.

9:04 p.m. — An unknown person damaged the Mervis Hall sign at the back of the building. The incident was cleared.

9:30 p.m. — Student Amy Makowski, of McKees Rocks, was arrested at Hillman Library for possession of narcotics. Nonaffiliate Stephen Mosovsky of Brookville, Pa., was arrested at the library for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Wednesday, April 13

1:18 a.m. — Officers confiscated prohibited items from students in Sutherland Hall. Judicial Board referrals will be made.

2:14 a.m. — A fire alarm in Bouquet Gardens Building B was falsely activated at a pull station in the first floor stairwell.

3:26 a.m. — Officers checked on the welfare of a student in Tower C. The incident was cleared.

8:13 a.m. — City medics transported a person with an injury from Victoria Hall to the hospital.

8:42 a.m. — Keys found at an unknown location were mailed to the Pitt police station. The items were placed in recovered property.

12:52 p.m. — City medics transported an ill person from outside the William Pitt Union to the hospital.

1:21 p.m. — A person in Hillman Library reported the theft of his calculator.

2:07 p.m. — A man reported a broken window in his car, which was parked in the University Drive lot.

3:26 p.m. — An elevator repairman released people stuck in a Tower A elevator. The incident was cleared.

3:54 p.m. — A staff member in the Cathedral of Learning reported being harassed by another staff member. An investigation is pending.

4:09 p.m. — City medics transported a person with an injury from the Learning Research and Development Center to the hospital.

7:44 p.m. — Nonaffiliate Janelle Treter, of 3727 Parkview St., was arrested on a warrant for theft offenses.

7:48 p.m. — A staff member accidentally activated an intrusion alarm in the Bellefield Professional Building.

10:48 p.m. — Student Stephanie Schuessler, of York, Pa., was cited for underage drinking in Tower A.